2015年2月，國際電子電機委員會發佈了冰箱能耗標準-IEC 62552: 2015，這份標準替換了原來的IEC 62552: 2007版本，並進行了全新的編寫。標準一共劃分成如下三個部分。
9. 增加零星級間室（0-STAR）和 食品室（Pantry）的溫度要求
11. 增加了冷藏室的製冷能力測試（cooling capacity test）
12. 增加了降溫測試（pull down test）
In February 2015, IEC issued a new refrigerator energy consumption standard - IEC 62552:2015.This standard replaced IEC 62552:2007. The content of the standard has been significantly changed, and now it includes 3 parts.
· Part 1: General requirements: scope, definitions, instrumentation, test room and set-up of products;
· Part 2: General performance requirements and methods for testing;
· Part 3: Energy consumption and volume determination.
Significant technical changes with respect to IEC 62552:2007 include:
1. For energy consumption measurements in Part 3, no thermal mass (test packages) is used in any compartments and compartment temperatures are based on the average of air temperature sensors, the temperature sensor position have also been largely changed for unfrozen compartments.
2. The energy consumption tests will be performed under two specified ambient temperatures (16°C and 32°C). The final annual energy consumption may be weighted mean of the measurements under these two temperatures.
3. Change the stable condition requirements. Test period can vary from 6 hours to serval days. More detailed classification and explanation for defrost types and defrost periods have been added.
4. For the energy consumption calculation, triangulation interpolation method and multi points (more than 3) interpolation method are added.
5. A load processing efficiency test has been added in Part 3, and the energy consumption for this test is included in final total energy consumption.
6. For anti-condensation heater and automatic ice-maker, specify the requirements in energy test, and the energy consumption of these parts may also be included into final total energy consumption.
7. The method of measuring the storage volume has been largely changed, and need not measure the gross volume.
8. The loading methods of test package and M package have been largely changed for storage temperature test and freezing capacity test, and only one size (50mm*100mm*100mm) is used.
9. Add the temperature requirements for zero star compartment and pantry compartment.
10. Add a new type refrigerating appliance – wine storage appliance.
11. Add some new performance tests: cooling capacity test, pull down test.
Recently, many countries and areas (like Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Thailand, China, etc.) are adopting this new version as their national standard for the energy performance for refrigerating appliances, and it will be widely used for more countries and regions in near future.